Silverlakes at Gateway HOA
Committee General Rules
Originally adopted August 21, 2000 - Revised August 17, 2006
This document defines the General Rules for all Silverlakes at Gateway HOA "Standing" and "Ad Hoc" Committees, which have been established by the HOA Board of Directors. All established Committees should abide by the rules defined herein.
1. The HOA Board of Directors has prepared a written document for each "Standing" committee
which defines the basic objectives which each duly appointed "Standing" committee should follow.
2. The HOA Board of Directors will prepare a similar basic objectives document for each "Ad Hoc" committees as the committees are formed. Each duly appointed "Ad Hoc" committee should also follow these objectives.
- Each committee should be made up of a minimum of three (3) members. It is desirable to have an odd number of members on each committee so as to generate a majority vote on issues undertaken by the committees. A committee majority shall constitute a quorum to transact business at meetings.
- "Roberts Rules for Parliamentary Procedure" should be used for all committee meetings.
- Each committee shall elect a "Chair Person" to act a Moderator for all meetings of the committee. An "Alternate Chair-Person" shall also be elected to act as Moderator when the "Chair-Person" is absent.
- Committee issues must have majority approval within committee before issues are implemented.
- With the exception of the Architectural Control Committee (ACC), normally each committee takes no official action, but submits recommendation(s) to the Board for approval and implementation. Board will then approve, modify and/or implement as appropriate:
a. Through applicable committee
b. Direct to Home Owners
c. Through the Management Services Organization
The ACC Committee is empowered by the Silverlakes Rules & Covenants to operate differently on implementing their decisions. The methods they use are described in the specific "ACC Committee Basic Objectives".
- Each current member of the Silverlakes at Gateway HOA Board of Directors is an ex-officio, non-voting member of all duly appointed HOA committees except the ACC Committee. HOA committees are to include HOA Board members in all committee-meeting notifications.
- It is desirable that written current committee status reports are to be made available for each official HOA Board of Directors meeting.
- Minutes of all committee meetings shall be prepared and kept on file for future reference.
HOA Committee General Rules Revised 082706.doc